Wednesday, March 13, 2013

shocked and numb is how I'm feeling

My sister asks to talk to me tonight when I get home, which isn't usually anything. I knew she had a rough day so I figured it would just be a bitch session which I'm always game for.  When she comes into the kitchen she tell me she's talked to my Aunt Darpy which is a little strange because we don't talk to her that often.  She tells me that my cousin Julie passed away sunday night sometime between 12:30 and 7:30 Monday morning.  It's so much to process!  I hadn't had any contact with her since I had gotten married and and moved.  We had some difference of opinions that made it hard for us to continue to stay connected.  My head keeps spinning, around and around. She was 39, had a history of drug abuse but from what we heard she had been clean for the past year.  She has severe abdominal pain and thought if it was still hurting in the morning she would go to the ER and she never made it.  She NEVER made it.  It's just so hard to wrap my head around all the thoughts swirling.  it also puts me right back to the night I found out my dad had died, just as suddenly and just as unexpectedly.  It just solidifies my thoughts that I need to make an appt to see a therapist.  I still have some things that I need to work out, work on, work through.  and thats where I am tonight. 
She leaves behind a 20 year old daughter and a 9 year old son.  A daughter who my mom babysat for the longest time, who spent the night with us tons of time, who I'd pick up and take out for a fun day.  I stole her for an entire thanksgiving weekend and taking a midnight trip to the mall with.    A son who I nannied for from the time he was 6 weeks till her was 18 months old. My heart is broken for them, losing a mother is a hard hard thing to go through, I pray that the people in their lives are there for them.  I'm going to try to be there for them 350 miles away....
this sucks1!!!

No comments: