Wednesday, November 09, 2005

So two weeks later

Well I had a horrible first day at work and cried on the phone to anyone who would listen! so rich and I talked and i made several appointments to interview with family's that were looking for nannies and they went well and that gave me hope.... So I went back on the following monday and it got about 100% better it was a smaller group (they split us up) and the people I just didn't think i could handle weren't in my class anymore !!! woohooo it got easier and I really liked the trainer he's super relaxed and laid back and makes learning so easy.. we get loud and rambunctious and he lets us go on and then reigns us back in and we always end up more focused so he's obviously doing something right. So the more time I spend in class the more I'm thinking maybe I'll stay..... the good thing is that with a "real" job i would have FMLA if I should become pregnant which would be a GREAT thing instead of well i'm pregnant and they start looking for another nanny and replace me before i was ready to do.. considering they hired 2 women who were 7 yeah you read that right 7 months pregnant I have a feeling they're pretty cool about things like that.... plus everywhere I turn I see another pregnant woman.. and I would have insurance although i don't know how good it is.... so we'll just see plus most of the families I was interviewing with wanted part time and when I did out the bills with us wanting to move to a one bedroom that just won't work!!!!! so I think i'm where i'm at for now... i'm happier if only the commute could get better....
Oh about that job in Eustis.... they must be DESPERATE for people.. I called them the very next day before 12 like I had promised and left a message with the secretary that i apreciated the oppurtunity to work for their company but that it was just too far away and the hours we're not what I was looking for. She said she would pass along the message, the very next day she called to "remind" me about the class I again said, "thank you but i will not be in the class I found other employment closer to home!" so I was like damn ..... it gets better, so Sunday night I get another call from the instructor of the class telling me that even though the hurricane was coming that they we're still having the class... again i said, "thank you but this is now my third time informing the company that I will not be working for them!!! I have found other employment closer to home MUCH better hours and MUCH better pay thank you!" she said oh ok.... thinking well damn their dumb! but then wednesday when I checked my voice mail there's a message from the damn people again... this time I got nasty and left a message which was " I am not going to be working for you! I found a job closer to my home, about 2$ more an hour, and a much newer and cleaner facility! I do not want to have another call Please I feel like I'm being harrassed!" and have not heard from them again.. Thank God!!!!
well thats all smile peoples....

No comments: