Saturday, March 12, 2011

Updating the Backsplash on my Kitchen!

For the longest time I had two small yellow lemon and red apple cutting boards stacked and hanging behind my sink.... I wanted something semi prettier so I hung a cherry framed tile in the middle and then my red and yellow boards seperate on either side and then I decided to fix my garbage disposal/plug cover!!!

The before picture of the outlet cover... I forgot to take a pic of the whole sink area...



***Notice the scratches all over it and it was painted over badly!***

The entire back sink area =)





Love the way it looks now

and then a close up of the redone outlet plate cover




***notice the screws blend in to the outlet cover!!!!***



My fun project yesterday I had a blast making it and am thinking about getting more to make.. The covers tend to be super cheap, and I have all the paints needed =)

1 comment:

Faziah said...

It looks great. Super idea.